15TH MEETING OF PAMRO AND ALL AFRICA MEDIA
(Sun 25 August 2013 – Wed 28 August 2013)
Hotel Colbert - Antananarivo, Madagascar
Africa Rising: The Role of Media Audience Research in Emerging Markets
The 15th PAMRO Meeting and All Africa Media Research Conference will take place from 25 – 28 August 2013 in Madagascar.
· Sunday, 25 August - Registration late afternoon followed by get-together dinner
· Monday, 26 August - Full day conference followed by dinner
· Tuesday, 27 August - Half day conference and conference outing
· Wednesday, 28 August - Half day conference ending with a 3 hour training workshop on audience research in the afternoon
Updates on media audience research activities from countries from all parts of Africa will be given.
Presentations will address a wide range of subjects in the field of Media Audience research and because of the Multimedia nature of PAMRO, will cover subjects in the field of Television audience research, as well as the measurement and status of Radio, Print, Online, Mobile, Social Media and Out of Home Media in Africa.
First Call for Papers:
PAMRO is now calling for the submission of synopses for the 2013 PAMRO Conference. There is no deadline for submitting synopses and requests to speak will be handled on a first come first served basis. People interested to speak at the Conference must therefore forward their synopses and other information as requested below to PAMRO as soon as possible.
Speakers from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the UK have already been secured and confirmation from other leading experts from across the continent is being awaited.
Maximum Synopsis Length: 300 Words
Synopses should enable PAMRO to judge the likely quality of the final paper and its usefulness to delegates. Papers which show no results and no supporting data are strongly discouraged.
Each synopsis must include:
The title of the proposed paper
The name of the author(s)
Their organisation and positions
Their telephone number and email address
Synopses and any queries should be sent to the PAMRO Secretariat at email@example.com
(Please Also See The PAMRO Guidelines For Speakers Below)
For information about previous conferences please log onto www.pamro.org for further details.
Tel: +27 11 463 5340/1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.
PAMRO GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS
The following guidelines are intended to make it easier for everyone and to ensure that we are all on the same wavelength:
· If you use PowerPoint slides (which is preferred), your opening slide must preferably show the agreed title of the presentation, you and your company’s name as well as your position in the company;
· Additional details are allowed but please do not use this for marketing purposes;
· The font size must be large enough (preferably not smaller than 28) so that people in the back row of a sizable room will still be able to read it;
· You are allowed to use your company’s name or logo on all slides as a footer, as long as it is small enough so that it is not too obtrusive;
· The emphasis of your presentation must be on the research you did and the results and insights obtained and not to use the opportunity to promote your company/business;
· Commercial presentations are not allowed in the main body of the programme but commercial breakfast sessions can be arranged at a cost. If you are interested in doing a commercial breakfast session, please contact the PAMRO secretariat to discuss the cost and make the necessary arrangements;
· Speakers must stay within the allowed time, which are 25 minutes for the talk and an additional 5 minutes for questions. Session chairs will ruthlessly enforce this rule otherwise speakers that talk later in the day will be disadvantaged;
· To ensure the smooth running of the conference, all presentations will be loaded on one laptop where possible. Papers must be sent to SAARF at email@example.com not less than ten (10) days prior to the conference so that this can be done.
· If you have a technical reason why your presentation must be done using your own computer, please advise the secretariat ASAP.
· Please bring a back-up copy on a memory stick with you to the conference;
Please note that all speakers are expected to pay the normal conference fee as well as their travel, accommodation and other expenses.